Merchandiser - Ladieswear
DW Sports are currently looking for a strong Ladieswear Merchandiser to join a growing Buying & Merchandising team at our Support Centre in Wigan.
Reporting to the Head of Merchandising, the successful candidate will have a strong merchandising background with the ability to maximize sales and profit through analysis, planning and forecasting and in season trading.
What does the role entail?
- Working closely with buying and e-commerce colleagues to build commercial, channel appropriate product ranges
- Managing volumes and phasing of product ranges to maximise brand launches and stock levels
- Building and managing category level budgets, within the constraints of a wider business level forecast
- Managing distribution of stock to stores within the business (width of distribution and depth of stock)
- In conjunction with the buying, e-commerce and retail ops teams to manage promotion and price reductions
- Assessing in season sales performance and recommending appropriate trading actions (order cancellations, price reduction/promotion, raising additional orders, extending/reducing distribution etc)
- Managing intake levels, within budget constraints, to maximise profitability and sell through.
Required Skills and Experience
- Exceptionally organised, methodical and efficient
- A great communicator at all levels
- A role model with the ability to develop the skills and knowledge of the more junior team members
- A team player who thrives in a fast paced, busy and challenging environment
- Passionate about product, strong market and brand awareness
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge and understanding of supply chain within a retail environment
In addition to a competitive basic salary, benefits include; contributory pension scheme, free gym membership, retail discount and an additional day off for your birthday!